Friday, February 6, 2009

It's In The Past!

So my 16 year old daughter is dating a 19 year old stupid boy and I don’t like it. I don’t have a lot of say in it either. See, her idiot Dad lets stupid boy stay at his house every other weekend, during his court ordered visitation weekends.

For the entire weekend.

Twice a month my 16 year old daughter is playing house with stupid boy. It would be easier to swallow if they were doing normal teen things. Going on dates, hanging out with friends, trying to find places to make out, etc.

But I’m a liar; no it would not be easier. Stupid boy is going to be 20 before she turns 17!

And the more I don’t like him, the more she does. I’ve been trying to play the ‘he’s a nice kid and I don’t have anything against him as a person, but I do have a problem with the age difference’ card but it’s backfiring on me. Now she wants to have him over at our house sometimes so I can get to know him better.

Fuck that, there is just something wrong with this kid. And I don’t want her to accidently get pregnant and pass down more idiot genes that she already inherited from her idiot father.

Bean has even tried to pull the “You can’t tell me you never dated anyone older” line. I got her back with a “Well now I know why my parents had such a problem with it.” Cause I don’t want to be the hypocrite parent who pretends to have been a saint. I want her to know its okay to be human. It’s just not okay to be stupid.

But she LOVES him! How can I deny LOVE?!?!

Idiot Dad swears that he never takes his eyes off of the two of them for the entire weekend, every other weekend, so they can’t possibly be having sex.

Really?

I asked him if he remembers how I used to sneak him into my bedroom and we’d have fuck like animals, only quiet animals as to not wake up my parents, and then I would make him sleep in the space under the basement stairs in case my parents checked in on me sleeping before they went to work. And then we would wake up and do it some more.

He said “Well that’s different, that’s the past. That was us not them.”

Seriously, he still uses the ‘that’s the past’ excuse? For this?

That just shows how blind teen girls are that they can not see that kind of stupidity in a person.

It reminds me of a pivotal moment in my and idiot Dads relationship.

Daily Grace – “I’m leaving you, I can’t do this anymore.”

Idiot Dad – “What? Why? What are you talking about?”

Daily Grace – “Because you’re cheating on me!”

Idiot Dad – “I’m not, you’re crazy.”

Daily Grace – “I walked in on you and Debbie!”

Idiot Dad – “That’s in the Past!”

Daily Grace – “IT WAS AN HOUR AGO!!!”

Idiot Dad – “There you go again! Why can’t you just leave it alone? The past is in the past and you always have to bring it up and throw it in my face!”

I don’t know what else to say about all this, except….

Please God/Goddess/Buddha/Odin/Allah/The Great Spirit/The Universe, please let my beautiful baby girl see the light relatively quickly and get through this with only minor scars on her psyche and please don’t let it fuck up her entire life.

2 comments:

Hannah in the City said...

So. I know laughing is NOT the response you want. But, um, it's funny.

Not funny "hahahaha"...funny "crap, our pasts really ARE going to come back to haunt us and so are all the really stupid, idiotic things that we could - and DID - get past our parents that we swore our kids would never do to us."

Phew...that was a mouthful.

You know you can't make it stop and the harder you push, the more on the "downlow" they'll take it. I say spend some more time with them...if nothing else, you'll be able to monitor. ;)

Dude. I hope our kids aren't as mischievous as yours.

*snicker.

Rambling Rachel said...

this stuff scares the shit out of me. My daughter turns one in a week.

I nominate your comment as the best left on The Wind in Your Vagina blog post about monks, rice, smacking and grace